[mlpack] Newcomer to the community, Interested in GSoC 2016

Marcus Edel marcus.edel at fu-berlin.de
Thu Feb 18 11:45:58 EST 2016

Hello Satyaki,

welcome! mlpack is applying for GSoC 2016, we'll know by the end of the month
(29 February) if we've been accepted.

One place to start is to look at the tutorials and try to compile and run simple
mlpack programs.

http://www.mlpack.org/tutorials.html

Once you get comfortable with the basic design of mlpack, you can take a look at
the list of open issues on Github and maybe you can find an easy and interesting
bug to solve.

https://github.com/mlpack/mlpack/issues

The issues are labeled with difficulty, so you may be able to find some
which are suited to your level of experience with mlpack.

Note, we switch from trac to github, you can find the updated ideas page here:

https://github.com/mlpack/mlpack/wiki/SummerOfCodeIdeas

Note, new interesting ideas are also suitable.

Let me know if you have any more questions that I can answer.

Thanks!
Marcus