[mlpack] Newcomer to the community, Interested in GSoC 2016

Satyaki Upadhyay satyaki3794 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 10:09:54 EST 2016

Hi

My name is Satyaki and I'm a newcomer to the mlpack community. I want to
contribute to this project. I have been an active participator in
programming contests like ACM-ICPC and on online judges over the last two
years (am comfortable in C++).
Codeforces -    http://codeforces.com/profile/satyaki3794
Topcoder -       https://www.topcoder.com/members/satyaki3794/
SPOJ -             http://www.spoj.com/users/satyaki3794/

I am new to open source development and want to get involved using Google
Summer of Code 2016.
Is this org likely to be involved in GSoC 2016? If yes, how can I get
started?
I have already gone through the ideas page of 2014 (
http://www.mlpack.org/trac/wiki/SummerOfCodeIdeas) and want to discuss some
projects in some more detail.

Regards
Satyaki