[mlpack] mlpack 1.0.12 released, under the BSD license

Ryan Curtin gth671b at mail.gatech.edu
Wed Jan 7 13:21:16 EST 2015

Hello there,

For the last two releases I've said "the next one will be 1.1.0".  It
turns out I was wrong again.  This release, 1.0.12, is identical to
1.0.11 except for one major difference: it is released under the
3-clause BSD license [1].  This should allow wider adoption of mlpack.
For more information on the license switch, see the mailing list thread
[2].

The code may be found at

  http://www.mlpack.org/files/mlpack-1.0.12.tar.gz

Breaking with tradition, I will not say "the next release will be
1.1.0"; instead, I'll say something more nuanced: the next release
that's not a bugfix or trivial update of some sort should be 1.1.0.

Please feel free to report any bugs that you find!  Note that we've
moved our issue tracker to Github:

  http://www.github.com/mlpack/mlpack

(Although, if you do file an issue on Trac, we'll still see it.)

--
Ryan Curtin    | "Indeed!"
ryan at ratml.org |   - David Lo Pan