[mlpack] dataset for cnn

Marcus Edel marcus.edel at fu-berlin.de
Sun Feb 15 15:16:50 EST 2015

Hello Shangtong,

You could use a subset (or a subset of a subset) of the mnist dataset; mlpack
already runs some tests against the mnist_first250_training_4s_and_9s dataset.
The subset is selected to compare classes that aren't obviously separated which
doesn't mean that they couldn't be separated linearly in the original space.

Another option could be to implement e.g. the Capture Game task [1] and compare
the results against other implementations. The nice thing about the Capture Game
task is that you can easily scale the number of samples.

Hopefully this is helpful.

[1] http://aura.abdn.ac.uk/bitstream/2164/748/1/konidaris02evolving.pdf <http://aura.abdn.ac.uk/bitstream/2164/748/1/konidaris02evolving.pdf>