[mlpack] Ideas for Google Summer of Code 2015

SAHEB MOTIANI saheb210692 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 14:25:46 EST 2015

Hi Ryan,

I just wanted to propose a new idea. Not completely new, but on the lines
of bindings.

*JS bindings for mlpack / Porting mlpack to Web*

Javascript is one of the widely used languages and it even runs on the
server side now, so it would be great to have it run on the web as well as
node console. Mozilla developed framework called Emscripten is widely used
for doing such projects.

I did myself worked for such an idea for OGDF(Open Graph Drawing Framework)
in my GSOC 2013 (http://ogdf.net/doku.php/gsoc2013#porting_ogdf_to_the_web).
OGDF is a graph drawing C++ library making use of templates.

Python and R bindings were proposed for OGDF even but having bindings for
JS/ Web /Node.js is an equally cool option to have.

I would like to know your and our community views for the same.

I would be happy to be a mentor for this idea, or Automatic Bindings Idea.

Regards,
Saheb