[mlpack] doubts in allknn

Marcus Edel marcus.edel at fu-berlin.de
Tue Feb 10 15:26:45 EST 2015

Hello Kumar,

Your reference data is using spaces as delimiter, so my first guess is your
problem is related to the following issue:
https://github.com/mlpack/mlpack/issues/400

You can simply adjust the data format or download the latest version from the
master branch.

> Should I continue with mlpack 1.0.12 for my GSOC preparation or switch
> to other version ??

Using the latest version from the github master branch for everyday use may not
be the best idea since things are prone to change and the code can be unstable
at times since parts of it are still in active and heavy development. However I
think I would checkout the stable release from the github repo (https://github.c
om/mlpack/mlpack/commit/904762495c039e345beba14c1142fd719b3bd50e).
This has two advantages you get familiar with git and you can easily switch
between different versions.

Hopefully this is helpful. Feel free to respond if you are still having issues.