[mlpack] Projects to contribute to in mlpack for GSOC 2015

Anand Soni anand.92.soni at gmail.com
Sun Nov 30 06:51:47 EST 2014

Hi Jaskaran,

Good to know that you are interested to contribute. There are many places
to get a head start.

To know about the projects undertaken as a part of GSoC last year, you can
go through the following blog and explore your own interests in further
details : http://www.mlpack.org/gsocblog/index.html

If you want to start contributing to mlpack, probably it is a good idea to
know about the organization, be able to use/edit the source code and also
know the projects of your interest well. Trac is a good place for getting
many of your questions answered :
http://trac.research.cc.gatech.edu/fastlab/ and
http://www.mlpack.org/tutorial.html as well.

Besides you can join us on IRC on #mlpack and get your relevant queries
answered by any of the members. Thanks!

Regards,

On Sun, Nov 30, 2014 at 3:33 PM, Jaskaran Singh <jaskaranvirdi1 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am Jaskaran. I'm a final year undergraduate in Computer Science from
> Indian Institute of Technology(IIT) Ropar.I am a machine learning
> enthusiast and have done courses in artificial intelligence and machine
> learning at college.I would like to use skills gained from those courses to
> contribute to mlpack.
>
> I mainly code in C++.After going through the projects list on the mlpack
> page, I found the AdaBoost project interesting as I've already implemented
> it as a coding assignment.Apart from that could anybody advise me on what
> projects I could participate in for GSOC15 and some pointers on where
> should I start from?
>
> Cheers
> Jaskaran Singh Virdi
> Final Year Undergrad Computer Science