[mlpack] GSoc Project idea: adaboost implementation

Marcus Edel marcus.edel at fu-berlin.de
Mon Mar 17 14:26:50 EDT 2014

Hello Ankesh,

Thanks for your interest in the project.

If you have already gone through the mlpack tutorials and are familiar with mlpack, then you might look at some mails form the mailinglist. There has been some talk about the AdaBoost project:

https://mailman.cc.gatech.edu/pipermail/mlpack/2014-March/thread.html
https://mailman.cc.gatech.edu/pipermail/mlpack/2014-February/thread.html

> I have basic understanding of adaboost algorithm and I am willing to read
> up more on this and relevant topics. Please let me know if I any other
> information is required. I am looking forward to you.

Before you consider applying to work on mlpack for GSoC, please have a look at the application template:

https://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/org2/google/gsoc2014/mlpack

Let me know if I can clarify anything further or answer any more questions.