[mlpack] GSOC 2014: collaborative filtering package improvements

Mudit Gupta mudit.raaj.gupta at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 03:59:48 EDT 2014

Hi,

Thank you for your mail. I have modified the project wiki accordingly.

A part of QUIC-SVD has been implemented. You can check out the cosine tree
implementation here
https://trac.research.cc.gatech.edu/fastlab/browser/tags/mlpack-1.0.8/src/mlpack/core/tree/cosine_tree?rev=16133.
In QUIC-SVD you have to construct the cosine tree first before SVD. Please
go though the paper for details.

You can discuss the algorithms which you plan to implement and how would
you architect the solution. You can look into extending the executable for
cf but I think Ryan and Ajinkya would be able to guide you on this.

Best,

Mudit Raj Gupta