[mlpack] GSOC 2014 - Implement tree types

Ryan Curtin gth671b at mail.gatech.edu
Mon Mar 10 09:41:58 EDT 2014

On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 07:13:02AM +0530, Aishwarya Ramaswamy Govindaraj wrote:
> Hello,
> I am looking to get started working with mlpack over the course of the
> summer. This project seemed like a good place to start. I would be grateful
> for any pointers on how to get started working on mlpack. I have had
> trouble with running the programs. When I give allknn as given in the
> tutorial, I am told "Command not found".

Hello Aishwarya,

You are probably not running the executables from the correct directory,
or you probably do not have mlpack installed correctly.  The tutorials
assume that the mlpack programs are either in a directory in $PATH or in
the working directory.

As for the tree types project, some links to discussions on the project
are below:

https://mailman.cc.gatech.edu/pipermail/mlpack/2014-February/000265.html
https://mailman.cc.gatech.edu/pipermail/mlpack/2014-March/000273.html
https://mailman.cc.gatech.edu/pipermail/mlpack/2014-March/000316.html

Let me know if I can clarify anything further or answer any more
questions.

Ryan Curtin    | "If it's something that can be stopped, then just try to stop it!"
ryan at ratml.org |   - Skull Kid