[mlpack] GSoC project idea

Andrew Wells andrewmw94 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 12:00:13 EDT 2014

     Hi all, I'm Andrew Wells, I am in the process of applying to work
on mlpack for Google Summer of Code, and I wanted to introduce myself.
I'm hoping to work on optimization of the tree traversal code in mlpack,
as this seems to be the area where I have the most previous experience.
I was wondering if you could give me some more information about this
project.  Also, I think it would be helpful for me to first submit
another tree, say an R*-tree, to the mlpack code base to familiarize
myself with it.  Am I free to combine project proposals like that?
Thanks for your time and I hope to work with you over the summer.