[mlpack] GSoC 2014 : Introduction and Interests

Anand Soni anand.92.soni at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 10:10:54 EST 2014

Hello,

I am a 3rd year undergraduate in the Department of Computer Science
and Engineering, IIT Bombay, India. I am willing to work on one of the
mplack's projects as a GSoC participant.

I went through the ideas list on mplack's ideas page. I found the tree
implementation project to be very interesting. I am fairly proficient
in C++ and have a good knowledge of implementation of Data Structures
owing to my computer science background.

Also, having done courses on Machine learning and artificial
intelligence, I found the automatic benchmarking project to be quite
interesting. I have programmed in Python before and I am willing to
learn more. I would be delighted to work on any of these two projects,
if given an opportunity. I would be glad to discuss more on my
suitability for these projects, if necessary.

Can any one guide me on how to proceed further? What are the
expectations with a student proposal? Any pointers will be highly
helpful.

Regards.

Anand Soni
India

--
Anand Soni | Junior Undergraduate | Department of Computer Science &
Engineering | IIT Bombay | India