[mlpack] #251

Ryan Curtin gth671b at mail.gatech.edu
Sun Jan 19 23:07:49 EST 2014

On Sun, Jan 19, 2014 at 09:39:13AM +0530, Abhinav Pathak wrote:
> Hey,
> Thanks for clarifying that.
> If suppose i make a change in the binary_space_tree.hpp located at
> mlpack-1.0.7/src/mlpack/core/tree/binary_space_tree,
> how should i replace this file to that present in the builld/include
> folder? And doing that is necessary right, because all the tests are run on
> the files present inside the build folder, right?
> And when i try replacing it with the file in build, it says i dont have
> permissions to do that?
> Can you specify what is the exact procedure to follow after i have made a
> change in the file located in the src folder?

Hello Abhinav,

When you modify a file in src/, it will automatically be updated in
build/include/ when you 'make mlpack_test' (or 'make mlpack').  If you
are adding a new file, modify the CMakeLists.txt in that directory and
add the new file to the list of sources.  Then when you type 'make
mlpack_test' (or 'make mlpack') CMake will automatically update the
files it needs to build and the file you added will be built into mlpack
and copied to build/include/.

Also, you should probably make your change against svn trunk, not mlpack
1.0.7.  You can check that out using subversion from the repository at
http://svn.cc.gatech.edu/fastlab/mlpack/trunk/.

Hope that helps.

Ryan Curtin    | "I don't really come from outer space."
ryan at ratml.org |   - L.J. Washington