[mlpack] Windows binary and building system

Ryan Curtin gth671b at mail.gatech.edu
Sun Dec 21 19:33:23 EST 2014

On Sun, Dec 21, 2014 at 07:08:24PM -0500, Qiang Kou wrote:
> Hi, all,
>
> Right now I am using MLPACK in a project I have to guarantee it can run
> well on Windows.
>
> As many people know, building MLPACK on Windows is not as easy as on Linux.
>
> You can download all the executable files from [1]. They are built on a
> Windows server using MinGW and should run well on a 64-bit Windows without
> any developing environment. The building server is set up using an AWS free
> tier machine. You can access it by 54.86.236.238, and the password
> is YMc$2A5&Gp.
>
> I want to know how many people really need to build MLPACK on Windows.
>
> If there is a real need, maybe we can change this server into an automated
> building system.

KK,

You're awesome!  I have two Windows build servers I try to keep up to
date, but I've had so much trouble compiling with VS2013 that I haven't
even tried to set up some way to package builds automatically.

Maybe we can work together to figure out how to get this working
automatically, and maybe MinGW is a better (or easier) solution than
VS2013.  When I find some time (hopefully soon) I will start trying to
set up the Windows build servers with MinGW.

Given the posts on this list, I think there is definitely interest in
precompiled mlpack for Windows. :)

Ryan Curtin    | "I'm just going to shoot you once!"
ryan at ratml.org |   - Joseph Dunn