[mlpack] [GSoC] Regarding participation in GSoC 2013

siddharth srivastava akssps011 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 07:33:52 EDT 2013

Hi

I am a student from IIT Delhi. I have been looking at the ideas page.
Though one of the projects

"Collaborative Filtering" seems very interesting. I have prior
experience in implementing a recommender system using geographical
coordinates of places and ratings provided by users to various places
in there profile.

Apart from this, I would like to propose two more ideas:

1) Port mlpack to Android (I have experience of Android development).
I would love to take up this project but would like to receive views
from community members before proceeding.

2) Add transfer learning algorithms (Domain Adaption like A-SVM to be
specific) to mlpack.

Thanks

--
Regards