[mlpack] Applying for GSoC 2013

Purplemint max-purplemint at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 25 22:25:24 EDT 2013

Hi,

   This is Siwei Wang from Shanghai, China, currently pursuing a
(dual)Master degree in ECE from both Georgia Tech and Shanghai JiaoTong
University. I am familiar with C/C++, MATLAB, C#, etc., and have
participated in projects that develop debugger(such as gdb) and embedded
control systems. Although machine learning is relatively new to me, I am
particularly interested in it and find it full of potential. It would be a
great pleasure if I am able to contribute to the open source community of
machine learning. I will be studying in Atlanta in Spring 2014, by then I
think I will be more familiar with machine learning, and able to contribute
more to the project.

   Since I am not experienced in machine learning, I hope that a project
such as "refinement of matlab bindings" can help me get familiar to common
ML methods and as well as contribute what I can to the project. However I
have seen that quite a number of people have shown interest in that project,
so I wonder if mlpack interface for other programming platforms (such as
.NET C#) are on the roadmap?

Best Regards,
Siwei