[mlpack] GSOC 2013 Project Guidance

Vikalp Handa handa.vikalp at gmail.com
Sun Apr 14 11:49:58 EDT 2013

Hi everyone,

I am Vikalp Handa, an undergrad. from UIET, Panjab University, India. I am
applying for GSOC 2013 and for increasing my chances to be accepted as a
successful GSOC applicant, I would like to contribute in mlpack from now
onwards.
As I have *worked on CMU Sphinx 3 and having prior experience in NLP
algorithms* so, I need guidance from you people as from where should I
start from.(coding specifically).
Actually I have visited your GSOC ideas list for the year 2013 and I am
interested in the projects "*packaging in debian (and ubuntu)*" as well as "
*python bindings for mlpack*". So please enlighten me on it.

My background details are follows:
*Languages* : C/ *C++ (Boost, STL), Python, Java (Core),* HTML5, Javascript
and some Django experience
*CS Theory*: Discrete Structures and Computational Language, Data
Structures and Algorithms, Randomized Algorithms and Probabilty
*NLP Algorithms : Viterbi, A* in Hidden Markonikov Model(HMM),  machine
learning algorithms.*
Message Broker: RabbitMQ
Basic networking knowledge in Linux alongwith some knowledge of Github,

Kindly assist me in getting the right project under your organization.

Thanks
Regards,
Vikalp Handa