[mlpack] Gsoc Idea - Reinforcement Learning

Marcus Edel marcus.edel at fu-berlin.de
Wed Mar 30 22:47:32 EDT 2022

Hello Eshaan,

Thanks for the introduction and the interest in the project. PPO, TD3, ACKTR,
HER, Improving Rainbow implementation are all interesting methods providing a
good baseline. My suggestion would be to pick one or two; I don't think it's
feasible to implement everything over the summer, especially if we want to
implement proper tests and a dedicated tutorial; those things often take more
time than anticipated. You are right about the existing Rainbow features; there
is no need to mention it on the GSoC idea page anymore. I'll go ahead and update
the section.

I hope anything I said was helpful. Let me know if there is anything I should
clarify.

Thanks
Marcus