[mlpack] GSoC Idea - New method (LDA and QDA)

Suvarsha Chennareddy suvarshachennareddy at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 08:01:23 EDT 2022

Hello everyone,
My name is Suvarsha Chennareddy and I’m a fresher (first year) at my
university, VIT (Vellore Institute of Technology). I’ve contributed to
mlpack a few times over the past few months, and I would like to
participate in GSoC. I have an idea, but want approval to begin working on
the proposal.

I’ve been thinking about adding a new method (or methods) to mlpack as a
medium sized project. More specifically, I was wondering if I could work on
the implementation for ‘LDA’ (Linear Discriminant Analysis) and maybe even
‘QDA’ (Quadratic Discriminant Analysis) for my summer project.

Please let me know if this isn’t going to work out. If it is indeed ok,
should I add both or just ‘LDA’? Once I’m sure that this proposed idea is
alright, I’ll start working on a proposal. Thank you for taking the time to
read this.

Thanks,
Suvarsha Chennareddy