[mlpack] (no subject)

Marcus Edel marcus.edel at fu-berlin.de
Sat Mar 27 12:41:05 EDT 2021

Hello Omkar,

welcome to the community, you are definitely on the right track; getting familiar
with the codebase is the first thing I recommend everyone doing.

The example-zoo project is really an open-ended project, and our main goal is to
have a large pool of interesting examples that use mlpack methods in some way.
You are not restricted to use mlpack for everything, like if you use mlpack for pre
or post-processing of the data and another library for the rest that's fine. Another
example is to use mlpack e.g. for classification but another framework to load and
visualize the data.

An easy way to approach this project is to search for interesting Kaggle competitions
and see who they can be solved with existing mlpack methods.

I hope what I said was helpful; let me know if I should clarify anything further.