[mlpack] Potential Proposal for GSoC 2021

Omar Shrit omar at shrit.me
Mon Mar 15 06:13:52 EDT 2021

Hello Anush,

XGBoost, LightGBM and CatBoost algorithms will be a great addition for
mlpack this year. Since GSoC is shorter, I would concentrate on these
algorithms, with relative tests and examples.

You need to demonstrate in your proposal, that you have a good knowledge
of decision tree algorithms. As always a good starting point is a proof
of concept with relative benchmarks.

These are my suggestions, hope you find this helpful.

Thanks,

Omar