[mlpack] Second update on Gsoc.

Abhinav Anand abhinav.anand2807 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 31 15:19:52 EDT 2021

Hey,
This is my second update. Here is the list of PR that I worked after my
first update:
Merged:
1. Nearest Interpolation Layer
<https://t.mailpgn.com/l/?u=de998106-5caf-4e13-8712-71c7a805ff5d&fl=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fmlpack%2Fmlpack%2Fpull%2F3017>
2. Bicubic Interpolation Layer
<https://t.mailpgn.com/l/?u=741aee34-4ff3-4569-8200-bd0cc2421657&fl=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fmlpack%2Fmlpack%2Fpull%2F3008>

Both of these PR's are merged. Now the task that is left for the final
phase is to add a Group Normalization Layer. The progress is going well as
planned. I will start implementing this layer from next week.

Also I am still stuck at a blocker in the bilinear layer. For some reason
the GAN test is failing after the fix. I am not able to figure that out.
This also remains to be done. I will also look into this in the coming days.

Everything is going well as planned and I expect to complete the project
before the deadline.

Best Regards,
Abhinav