[mlpack] Issue with debugging

Omar Shrit omar at shrit.me
Sat Apr 24 08:12:28 EDT 2021

Hello Gopi,

I think, most if not all of Linux users would use a text editor such as
Emacs or Vim. I personally use Kakoune which is inspired by Vim.

All of these editors would need a good amount of time
to learn them and a considerable amount of time to master them.

In addition, all of them can be extended using plugins.

Considering compilation and debugging. We use directly on gcc/g++ and
gdb for debugging. In the case of mlpack, you have CMake ready of you.

For the OS, any Linux distros can have all of above editors and
compilers.

Therefore, there is no need for IDE.

Best,
Omar