[mlpack] Example Zoo

Roshan Swain swainroshan001 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 2 02:32:16 EDT 2021

Hello Sirs,
Good Day! I am planning on applying for "Example zoo" for this GSoC.

As I am machine learning practitioner, it will be very interesting and
helpful for me in the same way to implement various machine learning
algorithms and see how they perform.

So it will be very helpful if you can advice me a little on how this
project direction should go[ I don't want to deviate from the vision of
this project].

Let me breakdown what I understand:
 1. Implementing ML models on different datasets in form of jupyter
notebook or code, in short a sort of tutorial to showcase our library and
its usage.

 2. Having code snippets which we can add in documentation/blog of those
algorithms, so that newcomer has an easy idea on how to use it or just copy
the code and use it in their project.

 3.Having interesting pictures or diagrams explaining the algorithm.

4. Visualization of metrics and losses.

@Ryan Curtin @zoq I read the future of mlpack and I think there was mention
about this project as one of key part. I think I can contribute a part
here, so it will be very helpful if you can guide me how this should go.
This will be my first GSoC and it will be very helpful to get a word of
mouth.

P.S.: I read the details on the project on GSoC page of our organization,
but still wanted to discuss in depth on this project.

Regards
Roshan Swain
@swaingotnochill