[mlpack] Google Summer of Code 2020 was a big success!

Ryan Curtin ryan at ratml.org
Wed Sep 9 19:03:56 EDT 2020

Hello everyone,

Yesterday the results of GSoC 2020 were announced, and I'm happy to say
that all 8 of our students this year passed.  Congratulations to the
students, and thank you to the mentors who put down so much time for the
program!  That makes another year in which every project has been a
success.

The total set of contributions are too great to count, but many of these
are already parts of releases and the rest are probably soon to be
released.

I hope that everyone has enjoyed the experience, and it has been really
great to see our community grow over the summer.  I'm always humbled and
astonished every year to see how much gets done, and the relationships
that get built during the process.

If any students or mentors have anything they'd like to share from the
project, please do feel free to post it!  If anyone wants to make, e.g.,
a short video showing their project or something else, we can find a way
to share it! :)

Have a great one!

Ryan Curtin    | "Avoid the planet Earth at all costs."
ryan at ratml.org |   - The President