[mlpack] A competitive approach

Lakshya Ojha 2K17 EC 092 ojhalakshya at gmail.com
Thu May 7 05:37:28 EDT 2020

Hello everyone,

Hope some of you still remember my name!
Remembering the last 4-5 months I have gained a whole new perspective and a
strong desire to work in a community like mlpack, *this wouldn't be
possible* if I hadn't been here for this long time.

I also hope that my proposal did give very tough competition and made it a
little more difficult for mentors to choose from.

Although results are uncertain always, I still believe I am still good in
this community and will still *keep the spirits high!*

Just to satisfy my curiosity I want to know what I could have done more to
have reversed the case as now it is.
As I believe that the "Improvisation and Implementation of ANN
Modules" is *quite
saturated *as of current scenario, so there were not much that could have
been added in the proposal then what I had already added.
And this is why I am curious to know *what extra* could have been added to
make the same a better fit.

My approach to a perfect GSOC proposal was as:
Started early 4 - 5 months prior.
Try to contribute as much as possible and get things merged, pr's merged.
Let people know of my existence.

As I am still too young and inexperienced these were the things for a
perfect proposal, only thing I did hold back was to bond with my GSOC idea
mentor, with whom I did not get enough time to bond.

I will be* greatly indebted *if my query is satisfied for which I feel bad
to ask you and trouble you even further :(

I hope some of you respected mentors kindly respond, as these feedback will
only *make a person stronger* and not weaker.

"I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not
trying"
- Michael Jordan

So here I am trying!

Yours Sincerly