[mlpack] More information about Improvement of tree traversers

Muzamil Sethar muzamilsethar at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 20:09:33 EDT 2020

Hello, I am Muzamil Hussain and I am computer science student currently in sixth semester of my bachelors degree at National University of Computer and Emerging Sciences. I have chosen my majors in the field of data mining and machine learning. I am interested to work with MLPACK through GSOC 2020 and contribute in it. I am good at C++ and specially in its data structures including trees. I have implemented many data structures from scratch which can be seen at my GitHub profile attached with this email at the end. I know basics and fundamental details of many machine learning and image processing algorithms and I want to explore and learn more. I am interested to improve the tree based methods in MLPACK and I believe that I can do it.

It would be very helpful for me if I get to know that from where should I start and how should I propose the plan in my proposal to improve the tree based methods.

My GitHub Profile Link: https://github.com/Muzamil-Hussain?tab=repositories

Thank you.