[mlpack] GSoC Proposal for implementing HyperNEAT and es-HyperNEAT

Rahul Prabhu cupertinorp at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 10:18:41 EDT 2020

Hey Pranav,
It would be great if my NEAT implementation could be extended. I think you
should focus on CPPNs and HyperNEAT, since it seems infeasible to also
create ES-HyperNEAT in the time left.

CPPN's are pretty nice - off the top of my head, it would be cool if we
could add something to the website where people could use CPPNs to generate
art like on PicBreeder or EndlessForms. It would also be nice to have
HyperNEAT. An issue important to address would be how you could use the
existing NEAT implementation and extend it to HyperNEAT - what changes
would be required, if any.