[mlpack] mlpack 3.3.2 released

Ryan Curtin ryan at ratml.org
Thu Jun 18 18:28:32 EDT 2020

Hello there everyone,

A handful of days ago Jeffin challenged me to see if I could do a
release during the video meetup.  Well, I tried, and so now we have
mlpack 3.3.2.  I found a couple of bugs in the release scripts and so I
didn't manage to do it in just an hour, but I did manage to get it done.

I hope, in the future, we can move to more automated releases that
anyone can do (like we are getting closer to with ensmallen).  But, we
aren't *quite* there yet. :)

Anyway, here is the tarball:

  https://www.mlpack.org/files/mlpack-3.3.2.tar.gz

There are lots of improvements, including a preview of Go bindings
written by Yashwant and Yasmine---but the Go bindings aren't 100%
polished.  So you can make them work, but the website doesn't completely
publish it yet; when that happens, we'll make the release 3.4.0, and
I'll write more about the Go bindings then. :)

And here's the changelog:

  * Added Noisy DQN to q_networks (#2446).

  * Add [preview release of] Go bindings (#1884).

  * Added Dueling DQN to q_networks, Noisy linear layer to ann/layer
    and Empty loss to ann/loss_functions (#2414).

  * Storing and adding accessor method for action in q_learning (#2413).

  * Added accessor methods for ANN layers (#2321).

  * Addition of `Elliot` activation function (#2268).

  * Add adaptive max pooling and adaptive mean pooling layers (#2195).

  * Add parameter to avoid shuffling of data in preprocess_split
    (#2293).

  * Add `MatType` parameter to `LSHSearch`, allowing sparse matrices to
    be used for search (#2395).

  * Documentation fixes to resolve Doxygen warnings and issues (#2400).

  * Add Load and Save of Sparse Matrix (#2344).

  * Add Intersection over Union (IoU) metric for bounding boxes (#2402).

  * Add Non Maximal Supression (NMS) metric for bounding boxes (#2410).

  * Fix `no_intercept` and probability computation for linear SVM
    bindings (#2419).

  * Fix incorrect neighbors for `k > 1` searches in `approx_kfn`
    binding, for the `QDAFN` algorithm (#2448).

  * Add `RBF` layer in ann module to make `RBFN` architecture (#2261).

Thank you to everyone who contributed to mlpack to make this release a
reality!  I'm looking forward to seeing more get added to the library.

Please feel free to report any bugs on Github, or IRC, or however.

Thanks!

Ryan Curtin    | "Pork chop sandwiches!"
ryan at ratml.org |   - Blowtorch