[mlpack] Loading Images, Issues

Adithya Praveen adithyatp at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 6 08:23:24 EST 2020

Hey there I'm Adi !
I've been tinkering around with mlpack for a couple days now. I've got a few things on my mind, and it would be really helpful if someone could guide me on these.
1. I see that the support for loading images was recently added to mlpack (I saw this on issue 1903).    Kudos on that contribution! However, i keep getting this error:        terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'      what():  Load(): HAS_STB is not defined, so STB is not available and images cannot be loaded!
    Any help on how to resolve this issue would be very helpful.

2. Issue 1903 states that documentation has been added for loading images (on the checklist at the top of this issue).    However, I'm having a hard time finding this documentation. If anyone could point me towards those resources, that    would be helpful.

    I would also like to add that I would be happy to add this documentation myself if such documentation does not exists,
    once I understand the reason behind 1 (referring to point 1 described above).

3. I have proposed a solution to the issue stated in 2138 with regard to the DecisionTree classifier. Again, it would be great    if anyone could give their comments on my reply to the issue, and that if it resolves the issue itself. Cheers,Adi.