[mlpack] Prepackaged Dev Environment

Ryan Curtin ryan at ratml.org
Thu Oct 31 11:45:27 EDT 2019

On Thu, Oct 31, 2019 at 11:39:35AM -0400, Ryan Birmingham wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> One of the things that I think would be useful to me, at the least, is a
> vm/docker/some other thing that I could use as a development environment.
> Before I do any work on this, I essentially have two questions: has anyone
> else already solved this, and (if not) what would be useful features to
> include in a prepackaged dev environment?

Hey Ryan,

Agreed!  I think that could be useful.  This has been discussed about
the benchmarks repository:

https://github.com/mlpack/benchmarks/pull/135

But it could definitely be useful for the main mlpack repository too.

If you worked on this, perhaps we could put the Dockerfile in some
mlpack repository, and then upload it to DockerHub and update our
documentation?  Anyway, just an idea. :)

Hope this helps!  And it was cool to run into you at the GSoC mentor
summit in Munich. :)

Ryan Curtin    | "Why is it that the landscape is moving... but the boat is
ryan at ratml.org | still?"  - Train Driver