[mlpack] mlpack 3.2.2 released

Ryan Curtin ryan at ratml.org
Tue Nov 26 11:03:59 EST 2019

Hello everyone,

Today I tagged and released mlpack 3.2.2, which contains a handful of
bugfixes, a new linear SVM binding, and other support.  Here's the
changelog from HISTORY.md:

  * Add `valid` and `same` padding option in `Convolution` and `Atrous
    Convolution` layer (#1988).

  * Add Model() to the FFN class to access individual layers (#2043).

  * Update documentation for pip and conda installation packages
  * (#2044).

  * Add bindings for linear SVM (#1935); `mlpack_linear_svm` from the
    command-line, `linear_svm()` from Python.

  * Add support to return the layer name as `std::string` (#1987).

  * Speed and memory improvements for the Transposed Convolution layer
  * (#1493).

  * Fix Windows Python build configuration (#1885).

  * Validate md5 of STB library after download (#2087).

  * Add `__version__` to `__init__.py` (#2092).

You can download the sources at
http://www.mlpack.org/files/mlpack-3.2.2.tar.gz and it will become
available in your favorite package manager in relatively short order.

In the upcoming days, I'll probably merge the Julia bindings PR, so the
next version will be 3.3.0.  Like I always say (but have never succeeded
on), I'm hoping to have more frequent releases in the future, so that
the work we have put into the master branch can be more quickly
available to users. :)

As always, if you have any issues, please feel free to report them on
Github or on the now-many mlpack chat services:
http://mlpack.org/community.html#real-time-chat

Have a great Tuesday!

Ryan Curtin    | "How long have you had these things on?"
ryan at ratml.org | "Sixty-two years."