[mlpack] mlpack weekly video meet-up/meeting time survey

Ryan Curtin ryan at ratml.org
Wed Nov 13 15:37:36 EST 2019

Hey everyone,

As discussed in the NumFOCUS summit thread (quoted below), I think it's
a good idea to try the weekly informal meeting, but we need to find out
times that work for everyone.  Since we're all globally scattered,
probably we should switch up the times.  So I set up this Google Forms
survey to see what works for different people:

https://forms.gle/vzZEmcKs3giL9eiH9

If you are interested in participating and want to fill out that
document, that can help us find a good time.

While we wait for the survey responses to come in, we can have the first
"video meetup" on Thursday, Nov 21, at 1800 UTC (to do a little time
zone mapping, that's 10am PST, 1pm EST, 7pm CET, 11:30pm IST, and 3:00am
KST).  Sorry if that doesn't work perfect for everyone (I think this
will be especially bad for SangYeon unfortunately), but we'll have to
try different times now and then.

The meetup is informal: we don't have a specific agenda.  We can all
just show up to the zoom room below and talk about things that are on
our minds (which actually doesn't even need to be mlpack-related,
technically):

https://zoom.us/j/3820896170

Some topics we might end up discussing could include:

 - how our days are going :)
 - discussion of PRs to be merged before a release
 - help debugging some issues
 - discussion of general development directions
 - interactive PR reviews?

Anyway, I don't want to focus too much on an agenda, because the idea is
that it's freeform.  In fact, if some others wanted to put on meetups at
certain times, it would definitely be okay for us to have more than one!

--
Ryan Curtin    | "Hungry."
ryan at ratml.org |   - Sphinx