[mlpack] Prepackaged Dev Environment

Marcus Edel marcus.edel at fu-berlin.de
Fri Nov 1 22:35:08 EDT 2019

Hello,

The docker images on docker-hub are based on Debian stretch, they are not as
stripped down as what we use for the matrix build, as I think it nice to have at
least some tools around. Anyway if you have a specific dev scenario in mind, I
guess we should just rewrite the Dockerfile and setup a Jenkins job that builds
everything once there is a new release and a nightly version would be great as
well.

Here is the Dockerfile I used:

FROM mlpack/templates:mlpack-stretch-27-template

# Meta information.
LABEL maintainer="marcus.edel at fu-berlin.de"

# Get mlpack version.
ARG mlpack_archive

# Update software repository, install dependencies and build mlpack.
RUN useradd -m mlpack && echo "mlpack:mlpack" | chpasswd && \
    adduser mlpack sudo && su mlpack && cd /home/mlpack/ && \
    wget -O mlpack.tar.gz ${mlpack_archive} && \
    tar -xvzpf mlpack.tar.gz && cd * && mkdir build && \
    cd build && cmake .. && make -j4 && make install && chown -R mlpack:mlpack /home/mlpack

ENV PROJ_WORK_DIR /home/mlpack/build/

# Setup environment.
ENV LD_LIBRARY_PATH /usr/local/lib/
USER mlpack