[mlpack] Late Addendum to MLPack Summer of Code application || Paul Pauls

Paul Pauls mail at paulpauls.de
Thu May 2 14:22:04 EDT 2019

Thank you Ryan for your kinds words. I feared that it may not be eligible for consideration - though still;
as I really want to participate I knew that I would have kicked myself in the ass if I didn't at least try.

I am currently thinking about adding a object segmentation layer via CNNs to the Super Mario AI, so that
the computer vision part is taken over by the proven CNNs and not processed by the NEAT algorithm as is
currenlty the case. If I then have objects and coordinates as inputs (not Pixels) I will employ the NEAT algorithm,
as I think it is rather suited to train the acting agent once all the surrounding clutter is removed.
I hope this works out and I will at some point create a video showcasing the trained agent.
If so I will let you know.
Again, thank you for your time and consideration.

Best,
Paul