[mlpack] Regarding Participation in GSoC'19

Ryan Curtin ryan at ratml.org
Mon Mar 18 12:28:59 EDT 2019

On Mon, Mar 18, 2019 at 09:56:29PM +0530, Subham Barnwal wrote:
> I have already gone through the suggested paper(Quantum Clustering and
> Gaussian Mixture).Apart from what already has been suggested on the ideas
> page I would also try implementing its scalable version.Also as of General
> Purpose EM and Blackbox VI,I also plan to work on them.Please let me know
> if it would be feasible in the given time frame.

Hey Subham,

I don't know how fast you work so only you would be able to know whether
or not what you are proposing is feasible.  I'd suggest that when you do
put your proposal together, try and include details about the timeline
that will help us assess whether or not the schedule is realistic.

Like I said earlier, be sure also to take a look at the existing
codebase to see what you can use or reuse, which can help make the
development take less time.

Another important part is testing---be sure to include time for that
also.  We need to have good tests for each new algorithm so we can know
that it works (or at least so that we can know that it isn't broken).

Ryan Curtin    | "I know... but I really liked those ones."
ryan at ratml.org |   - Vincent