[mlpack] GSoC 2019 - String Processing Utilities

Ryan Curtin ryan at ratml.org
Mon Mar 18 11:49:28 EDT 2019

On Fri, Mar 15, 2019 at 11:27:10AM +0000, Alfonso A. wrote:
> Hello, my name is Alfonso Amayuelas. I am an undegraduate student at
> the Autonomous University of Barcelona. I am deeply interested in the
> proposal of String Processing Utilities. I would love to use this
> project as a way to boost my C++ skills and learn about different
> string representations.
>
> Is there any further information I can consult at the moment?

Hi Alfonso,

Thanks for getting in touch.  I'd say that a good place to get started
with mlpack in general might be these two pages:

http://www.mlpack.org/involved.html
http://www.mlpack.org/gsoc.html

For the string processing utilities project in particular, you might
take a look at a search of the mailing list archives to see previous
discussions about this project:

https://www.google.com/search?q=mlpack+string+processing+utilities+site:knife.lugatgt.org

Here are some that might be relevant:

http://knife.lugatgt.org/pipermail/mlpack/2018-January/003456.html
http://knife.lugatgt.org/pipermail/mlpack/2018-February/003548.html

And if there are any more specific questions we can answer, please
don't hesitate to ask here or on IRC.

Thanks!

Ryan Curtin    | "No... not without incident."
ryan at ratml.org |   - John Preston