[mlpack] Pre submission review by mentors

Ryan Curtin ryan at ratml.org
Sun Mar 10 11:38:54 EDT 2019

On Sun, Mar 10, 2019 at 06:39:19PM +0530, gaurav tripathi wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm first time appearing for gsoc this year and I wanted to know if mentors
> are allowed to give a pre submission proposal review.
> If it is project specific then I want to know if NEAT project will be
> reviewed or not.

Hi Gaurav,

In the past we've done our best to give advice on proposals where
possible (specifically, when we have the time to do so).  So you are
welcome to ask for a proposal review, but please do be aware mentors may
not actually have time to review it.

Also, note that we've also written an application guide which should
answer most questions:

https://github.com/mlpack/mlpack/wiki/Google-Summer-of-Code-Application-Guide

Hope this helps.

Ryan Curtin    | "Get out of the way!"