[mlpack] [GSoC] Asking About the Feasibility of an Idea in RL

Ahmed Maher iahmedmaher at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 15:05:34 EST 2019

Sure! pointer-generator networks just have a layer on top of the normal
pointer networks which makes the code Namrata96 is planning to finish
before May (if I understood correctly) extendable to what I mentioned
earlier; what would be left is an RL algorithm (ex: ACKTR which is already
proposed or just simple REINFORCE which is implemented) and the MCTS. Is
the scope of tackling both suitable for GSoC? Is that a lot or too little
since you are more aware of how much time development for the mlpack
library would need? Or do you think that it is not a good idea in the first
place?