[mlpack] An introduction and request for help

Ryan Curtin ryan at ratml.org
Sun Mar 3 01:33:27 EST 2019

On Sat, Mar 02, 2019 at 11:38:12PM +0530, Nisarg Bipin Shah . wrote:
> Dear Sir/Mam
> I am  Nisarg Shah, 2nd year undergraduate student at National Institute of
> technology,Karnataka . I am interested in string processing utilities idea.
> I have another idea for the implementation that is to modify the string
> hashing algorithm so that it generates a unique hash for every possible
> string and store it in a dictionary and use this numeric hash for
> prediction.
>
> I would like to start contributing for the organisation and apply for GSOC
> 2019. Please guide me on how to start with it.

Hi Nisarg,

Thanks for getting in touch.  Some places to start with mlpack might
include:

http://www.mlpack.org/involved.html
http://www.mlpack.org/gsoc.html

Also, there was a lot of discussion about the string processing
utilities project last year (we did not end up accepting a student for
that project last year, so it is still open).  So searching the mailing
list archives for more information would likely be helpful.

Ryan Curtin    | "Closets bring order to a chaotic world!"
ryan at ratml.org |  - Jay