[mlpack] Implementation of Evolutionary Algorithms

Marcus Edel marcus.edel at fu-berlin.de
Sun Jan 20 07:55:04 EST 2019

Hello Rahul,

there is definitely room for evolutionary algorithms; Personally, I like the
NEAT or HyperNEAT idea but if you have something else in mind let's start a
discussion. Also, we spent some time last year to strip out the optimization
infrastructure from mlpack into its own package:

https://ensmallen.org/
https://github.com/mlpack/ensmallen

So I think the right place for an additional optimization method would be the
ensmallen repository. Let me know what you think.