[mlpack] Flower Pollination Algorithm in mlpack

Artem Fedoskin afedoskin3 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 10:30:17 EST 2019

Dear Marcus and other mlpack contributors,

My last seminar paper was Flower Pollination Algorithm for Global
Optimization <https://arxiv.org/abs/1312.5673>, which describes an
interesting evolutionary algorithm that performs better than PSO and GA (as
stated by the paper). The algorithm is not hard to implement and I am
curious whether it would be worth to have this algorithm in mlpack?

Currently I'm exploring mlpack's codebase and I think it would be an
interesting task for me to implement such an algorithm as a part of
preparation for GSoC 2019.

What do you think?

Regards, Artem Fedoskin