[mlpack] Essential Deep Learning Modules in GSoC '19

Rajiv Vaidyanathan rajiv.vaidyanathan4 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 13:14:38 EST 2019

Dear Marcus, Mikhail and Shikhar,

I am N Rajiv Vaidyanathan and I'm interested in the topic "Essential Deep
Learning Modules" in GSoC 19.

Over the past month, I'm trying to get an understanding of the MLPack
codebase by making contributions. As of now, I have implemented SPSA
optimiser, Dice Loss function and currently working on Dense blocks.

I recently read a paper on Graph Neural Networks and found it to be
fascinating as it works very well on non-Euclidian spaces such as social
networks and 3D images. I am interested in working on implementing this
network along with tests and documentation. I'm also interested in
improving the overall documentation of ann.

Please let me know what you think :)

Thanks and regards,
Rajiv
ᐧ