[mlpack] GSoc 2019

Marcus Edel marcus.edel at fu-berlin.de
Thu Feb 28 13:09:37 EST 2019

Hello Bishwa,

thanks for getting in touch; mlpack already supports some GAN types, see:

https://github.com/mlpack/mlpack/tree/master/src/mlpack/methods/ann/gan

for more information. Also, the blog posts from Shikhar should be interesting:

http://mlpack.org/gsocblog/ShikharJaiswalPage.html

Anyway, the goal of the project is to implement a fast and well tests GAN, so my
recommendation is to focus on one or two models. Writing meaningful tests takes
a lot of time.

I hope anything I said was helpful, let me know if I should clarify anything.