[mlpack] Question on MLPack

Ryan Curtin ryan at ratml.org
Fri Dec 13 12:54:37 EST 2019

On Fri, Dec 13, 2019 at 09:12:54AM +0100, Filippo Portera wrote:
> Hello,
> I've posted a question on StackOverflow:
>
> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/59237562/a-generalized-quadratic-loss-for-deep-neural-network-for-multi-class-classificat
>
> Do you think it should be possible to write a loss of this kind within
> MLPack?
> If any development comes around, I'm interested in co-authors of an
> eventual paper about it.

Hey Filippo,

I think that should be possible.  If I am understanding right you would
just need to implement a new loss layer and its gradient.  Take a look
at NegativeLogLikelihood<> and other loss layers in
src/mlpack/methods/ann/layer/loss_functions/ for an example; I think you
can adapt some of those.

Hope this helps!

Ryan Curtin    | "Hungry."
ryan at ratml.org |   - Sphinx