[mlpack] mlpack 3.2.0 release planning (was: mlpack video meeting, Wednesday Aug. 28th, 1400 UTC)

Ryan Curtin ryan at ratml.org
Sat Aug 31 20:59:25 EDT 2019

Hey everyone,

Based on the discussions we've had this week, we decided that we would
undo the reverse-incompatible changes and call this release 3.2.0 (and
those changes can be delayed until 4.0.0).  So, I went ahead and created
two milestones on Github:

 * "mlpack 3.2.0": https://github.com/mlpack/mlpack/milestone/32
   This includes issues/PRs that we definitely want to solve or merge
   before the release.

 * "mlpack 3.2.0 (maybe)": https://github.com/mlpack/mlpack/milestone/33
   This includes issues/PRs that *might* be a part of the release, and
   if so it would be great, but if not, we don't need to wait on them.

I also opened an issue because Marcus and I have noticed some failing
tests, and we should get those fixed before release:

https://github.com/mlpack/mlpack/issues/1993

If anyone is interested in helping with the release, that might be a
nice place to dive in.  I'll do the actual release itself, but this time
I will document every part of it so that if anyone else wants to do it
in the future it should be straightforward.

If you don't see a PR on the release list that should be, or you see one
on the release list that you think shouldn't be, feel free to speak up!
Nothing is set in stone. :)

Ryan Curtin    | "Get out of the way!"
ryan at ratml.org |   - Train Engineer Assistant