[mlpack] mlpack video meeting, Wednesday Aug. 28th, 1400 UTC

Ryan Curtin ryan at ratml.org
Sun Aug 25 21:20:37 EDT 2019

Hello everyone,

I meant to send this out on Friday but unfortunately got sidetracked!
Anyway, I took a look at the whenisgood and I did the best I could with
everyone's preferred times, and the best is that we could satisfy about
90% of people when meeting at 1400 UTC on Wednesday, August 28th.

This time, we can try to use Zoom:

https://zoom.us/j/553650262

However, I only have a free Zoom account, so we'll only get 40 minutes
to meet (and then we can just rejoin and continue if needed).

Here was my idea for a basic agenda, but we don't have to stick to it.
:)

 - How is everyone doing? :)  What is everyone up to?

 - mlpack development update
    * I'll put together some slides about what's happened since the last
      meeting, just like I did last time, and highlight developments and
      changes

 - Release planning:
    * what should go into the next release
    * when should the next release happen
    * should it be mlpack 3.2.0, 3.1.2, etc.?
    * what are the states of open PRs, and what do we want to do with
      them?

 - GSoC update/retrospective:
    * we can talk about the status of each project and what we're hoping
      for moving forward

 - Open mic topics (just some ideas):
    * What should we change (if anything) about how we develop software
      as a group?
    * Is there anything we could improve?  Is everyone having a good
      time?
    * Are there any big problems that we are overlooking that need to be
      addressed, but aren't on Github as issues?
    * Are there any big problems that we are overlooking that *are* on
      Github as issues?

Hope to see you there!  And if you can't make it, we can send out some
notes of discussion afterwards so that nobody misses anything.

Thanks!

Ryan Curtin    | "I like this game."
ryan at ratml.org |   - Coach