[mlpack] A Friendly Introduction and Draft GSoC Proposal

Heet Sankesara heetsankesara3 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 09:49:35 EDT 2019

Hello, mlpack community,
Hope you all are doing well. First, let me introduce myself. I am Heet
Sankesara from India. I am currently pursuing my CSE degree in BTech. I've
been engaged with the mlpack community for 2 weeks and like to be part of
it. I previously talked to Ryan Curtin and opened a PR(#1809
<https://github.com/mlpack/mlpack/pull/1809>). This is my first PR in this
organization and I'll be glad if some of you review it. I am intending to
understand the codebase in depth and like to contribute to it more. I like
to interact with the community and become an active member here.
I am planning to participate in this year's GSoC. I aim to implement three
clustering algorithms namely Agglomerative Hierarchical Clustering, Deep
Clustering for Unsupervised Learning of Visual Features
<https://arxiv.org/pdf/1807.05520.pdf> and Quantum clustering
<https://arxiv.org/pdf/1612.09199.pdf> and do the comparative analysis
(with K-Means and GMM as a baseline) of them. This comparative analysis
will be aimed at knowing the strength and weakness of each algorithm and
what kind of data is good for which algorithm. Please review my GSoC
proposal
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eVpbLYu2q97WI_wv_ZHg9vtOmNcBvpQhWuGSJ9Au9sc/edit?usp=sharing>
and give feedback. I am happy to talk about the proposal further.
With best regards,
Heet Sankesara