[mlpack] Paper Describing Saddle Points in LRSDP

Ryan Curtin ryan at ratml.org
Mon Mar 26 19:43:23 EDT 2018

On Mon, Mar 26, 2018 at 11:06:19AM -0400, Abhijeet Krishnan wrote:
> Hi Ryan,
>
> You had mentioned a tech note/paper by Sam Burer describing saddle
> points in LRSDP. I sent him an email regarding the same, and he
> believed this paper was being referred to. Is it the right one?

Hi Abhijeet,

Yeah, I am sorry, I should have reviewed my emails first.  I don't think
it was a paper that he himself wrote but he linked me to this paper:

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs10898-008-9328-4

There was no attachment in your email, so I am guessing that the papers
are the same.  Sorry for the confusion!

Ryan Curtin    | "The greater good..."
ryan at ratml.org |   - Neighborhood Watch Alliance