[mlpack] MVU Bug Fix GSOC

Ryan Curtin ryan at ratml.org
Mon Mar 26 11:57:27 EDT 2018

On Thu, Mar 22, 2018 at 08:47:58PM +0000, LI Xuran wrote:
> Hi Ryan,
>
> Thanks a lot for your kind advice. As you suggested, I've added
> details to my new ideas and integrated them into my proposal.  I 've
> submitted a draft proposal to GSoC website just now, to detail my
> current plan on MVU testing. Is it possible that I might have some
> feedback on my draft proposal before the deadline? I really want to
> make a proposal of great quality and feasibility on this subject, so
> that The implementation can be tractable and under control.

Hi Daniel,

I took a quick look at your proposal and I think it is relatively clear
and sufficiently detailed.  I am not clear on exactly what you mean by
"5.  it might also be useful to write an algorithm to pre-process the
dataset to make it smoother and convex"---note that the LRSDP algorithm
breaks the convexity of SDPs and it is a nonconvex optimization.

Ryan Curtin    | "Hungry."
ryan at ratml.org |   - Sphinx